Welcome.........................


Click to Listen to the current SciFiFanZine Theme song


S c i F i F a n Z i n e : Cool Free Stuff for the SciFi Fan : Deluxe Edition




Add SciFiFanZine to My Yahoo!


SciFiFanZine's Virtual iPod
(Background Surfing Music)
- select below -

ReBoot SciFiFanZine's Virtual iPod


The Daily Comics

Reload The Daily Comics Selector



SciFiFanZine's SFFH FTV-Superculture ®NetboX©
(The Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror on Film and TV - Daily News & Utilities Box)

Reload FTV Daily News & Utilities ®NetboX© Channel Selector



Saturday, October 22, 2005

Free (& Excellent -Ed) Neil Gaiman & J. Michael Straczynski Internet (Audio -Ed) Short-Stories




Mood: Feel Like Salvador Dali's Hat
Track Injection: Slepcy - Absent Opera <--- Click to Listen (REALPLAYER REQ)


Well, with a twisted ankle (that I managed to destroy while sleeping; I have no idea 'ow it happened, went to bed, woke up with a busted ankle; ..I'm presently entertaining the notion of some mischievous house ghost)

(or a mischievous Dr. House Ghost., Limpy - Ed)

Har Har Ed.

Please Go Away Ed.

(that's not very likely is it, I'm having faaaar too much fun - Ed)


In any case, consequently I've been house-bound, subsequently I've been looking for things to do to get my mind off of the seering pain - oh woe is me, pity me, love me, and for the plaid-clad nubiles out there, massage me.

(it was worth a shot - Ed)


Anyway, just finished listening to Neil Gaiman's Murder Mysteries audio-play over at http://www.scifi.com/set/playhouse/murder/ and thought I'd share the wealth. (or at least the link - Ed)


It's a tale about The Name, Lucifer, Vengeance, Love and Death set in The City of Angels.

(and as Gaiman enthusiasts might suspect, that doesn't necessarily mean Los Angeles - Ed)

And it's bloody brilliant!

(and that's not just the 6 pounds of tylenol talking - Ed)


Also took in Neil Gaiman's Snow-Glass Apples http://www.scifi.com/set/playhouse/snowglassapples/ a disturbing look at the origins of Snow White's ghost-white complexion. ;)


Finally, I'm quite fond of J. Michael Straczynski's (Babylon 5 - Ed) audio anthology series City of Dreams http://www.scifi.com/set particularly the episode titled, "Samuel Beckett, Your Ride is Here"


If you haven't as yet, and you enjoy Gaiman and Straczynski, highly recommend checking them out. Can't get a better price (free - Ed), and it's worth the time. imo.


WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

All audio-tales listed above have suggestive and to a certain degree disturbing content.


But that's the point I suspect, to be jolted from comfortable normality (if you're lucky enough to live there - Ed) and complacency ..into a world of surreal and metaphysical thought.

(boy, does that sound incredibly pretentious - Ed)

OK, "Makes Your Brain Go Boom", that suit you Ed?

(better - Ed)


Anyway, hope you enjoy.

Off to find a Nurse to change my catheter.

(uh, you don't have a catheter - Ed)

I don't have a Nurse either Ed, but that never stopped me before.

(no more medication for you - Ed)

[[Pathud]]

Michael